Shellac nail is a blend of gel and nail polish and because it is half regular nail polish, half gel and is typically applied with two colour coats and a top coat on natural nails or nail extensions in almost any system. And, because it is like a gel, however, it does add some strength and durability. In the long term Shellac is much less damaging to nails than traditional Gel Nails or Acrylic Nails if it is applied on natural nails.
Shellac is the brand name for a new, patent pending nail product created by Creative Nail Design (CND). It is a hybrid, meaning half nail polish, half gel. It is removed gently and leave heather nails afterwards.
The product can be applied similarly to nail polish on your natural nails (no sculpting or filing). It is cured through UV lighting, just like Gels.
- Thin and strong product that gives it both flexibility and durability
- Natural look combined with the shine associated with gel nails
- Lasts up to 14 days
- Removal technique through acetone wraps does not leave nails dry, thin, or torn.
- Unlike other artificial nails, you cannot use Shellac to strengthen or lengthen your nails.
- Shellac is only sold to licensed professionals and requires a special removal process. You cannot apply Shellac, repair a break or even remove it at home.
- Shellac is not for everyone as it requires a healthy nail bed.